22.5.09

Get me to the church on time

Confetti! Champagne! Dancing Queen! Yup, I'm off to a wedding this weekend. In Northern Ireland. I've packed my Marc by Marc Jacobs black taffeta prom-dress with shoulder bow (yums) and brown leather wedges (I know, I know, they're a bit mumsy but since I declared that I'd be holding the baby for specifically 80% of the party (in a bid to stop the mother-in-law from committing a grab-n-run) I need something that I won't fall over in when drunk... and those Moet bubbles hit me like a smack of alco-frogspawn in the face.)

So there I was, merrily packing my case full of girly frocks for frolicking in the Irish flora, when The Husband advised that, rather than slips of chiffon, I should really be packing my cagoule. My what? This man has been married to me for nearly 3 years. Has he ever, I asked, ever seen me in a cagoule? It's ok, he said, we can probably pick you up a Cag-in-a-Bag at the airport. Lucky me.

One thing I am packing is my party face, made up of the most gorgeous beauty bits to wing their way to my desk recently.
First up is Prescriptives Mineral Color Making Faces Kit, £26.43 (stockists: 08700342566), which contains a beautifully natural loose powder blush, all-over radiance powder (for making even sozzled skin look radiant) and a nifty little brush that's small enough to slip into your clutch bag. Mineral virgins: this is a great place to start.

Pink lips always work best for weddings, and I heart Clinique's new limited edition Butter Shine Lipstick in Bamboo Pink, £14. Part of their summer collection, this shade is already a bestseller, but here they've combined it with the melty, glossy, moisturising texture of Butter Shine Lipstick - if you've never tried it, I urge you to. It's marvellous.

And finally, because I love nail varnish but get bored of shades quickly, Collection 2000's new Hot Looks Nail Polish, £1.79 each (available from July) are perfect - mini bottles of polish in summer-hot shades that won't harass your purse. I'm switching between Hoola Hoop (baby pink), Big Hair (coral) and BMX Bandit (a Blu-tack blue which looks fab on toes).

Happy Wedding Season xxx

1 comment:

  1. I have another top tip for all you brides-to-be out there – The memories of your ‘Big Day’ (I feel they deserve capitals) of course will last a lifetime…though they may be a little fuzzy if you suffer from, as my lovely sis/our beloved narrator put it: ‘a smack of alco-frogspawn in the face’ when sipping on those Moet bubbles! This is why the photographs play such an important part in reminding you what an incredible day you had (and reminding everyone else how incredibly gorgeous you looked!) My make up tip will make the camera love you as much as your groom, this is pre-champagne frogspawning of course.
    TopTip: Make sure you wear a foundation with no SPF in it, I repeat NO SPF!!! It reacts badly to camera flashes and makes skin look dull and waxy! So for one day and one day ONLY, let your skin really see the sun and get a natural glow! If however your skin tends to appear more sun-wholloped than sun-kissed as mine tends to, you can wear a regular sunscreen under your SPF-free foundation without appearing like an extra from Madame Tussauds when those all-too-important snaps come back! Oh and Vaseline on your teeth – SMILE! Xxx Beaky

    ReplyDelete