3.6.09

Mirror, Mirror

I've decided that the mirror in my bathroom is A Good Mirror. It's wide, full-length and shiny. It might have something wrong with it, admittedly, as it seems to stretch and slim everything it reflects, but this is no bad thing. Bathroom Mirror is a friend. Unlike Hallway Mirror, which is nice to my face then stabs me in the back as I walk away. A quick glance over the shoulder and suddenly my rear view is worthy of a 'Honk If You Like Bacon' bumper sticker. Which is terribly confusing, since Bathroom Mirror told me not five minutes ago that I looked ok.

Schizo mirrors aside, there are some makeup products that I know I can depend on, and which work on every single person I've tried them on (which, in the tsunami of 'miracle' products that are launched at us every month, is saying something). It's by no means an exhaustive list, but if you're on the lookout for a new balm, brush or liner, these come with the PoppyLovesLipgloss triple tick of approval.

BEAUTY SUPERHEROS

Clinique Repairwear Intensive Lip Treatment, £19.57 - the best balm in existence. Expensive, but it won't dehydrate your lips the way cheaper versions can. And if further proof of its softening powers were needed, this is the only balm, in my opinion, that can tackle the discomfort of cracked, dried-out lips caused by powerful anti-acne drugs.

Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Liner, £18 - a soft, cake liner that creates a smudgy, natural eye in seconds. Simply rub a flat, firm bristle brush into the liner (I use Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow Brush, £21.53) and wiggle the colour into the outer corner of your lashes for a longlasting, eye-enhancing look.

MAC Blushcreme in Lilicent, £14.68 - for royally rosy cheeks, this ultra-natural cream blush blends in seamlessly and suits pretty much every skin tone (it's also a perennial favourite amongst beauty editors). If you prefer powder, then try their Powder Blush in Tenderling, £14.68.

1 comment:

  1. Hey... saw da tv progr'me on Sky TV. nice.... kit.

    ReplyDelete